This is actually the first night I have been able to sit down and write this blog before midnight local time.
We got up this morning and loaded the busses at 8:30am. We practically went straight from finishing that to the final service of NYC 2011. Dr. David Graves, General Superintendent, was the speaker for this morning. He spoke on being Restored using examples of crossing your hands and arms to show how we can get into habits both good and bad that are hard to break. After his message and Starfield's final performance with us "Nazaraniacs," we all shared communion together. As I said in an earlier post, one of the neatest things was the security personnel at the KFC Yum! Center joining us in worship and prayer. Today, most of them joined us in communion as well. Another special thing some of our and other students did today was to use the rest of the money on their meal cards to buy Powerade and drinks for the Yum! Center staff.
We walked to Louisville Slugger Field to board our bus and head for Jasper. We ate in Elizabethtown, Kentucky and stopped in Nashville to drop off John Parrish. We were then Alabama bound. We got back to Cullman First around 7:30pm to a group of parents happy to see their children.
I know that I have had as good a time at my second NYC as I did in 2007 at my first, and I hope the students and adults did as well. Speaking of which: a HUGE "Thank you" to all of our adults:
- Cindy Hagood (NYC 1995, 1999, 2003, 2007, and 2011) - Mother of Alabama North NYI
- John Parrish (NYC 1995* and 2011)
- Hunter Cummings (NYC 1999* and 2011)
- Jeremy Pass (NYC 2007 and 2011)
- Christen Pass (NYC 2007 and 2011)
- Jeremy Hagood (NYC 2007* and 2011)
- Joey Wood (NYC 2003* and 2011)
- Johnnie Mayfield (NYC 2011)
- Davonne Davis (NYC 2011)
- Angie Lane (NYC 2011)
- Mary Hale (NYC 2011) - The BEST Bus Driver in the World
(*) = student that year